Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer School

Since I've posted, school has ended, vacation was taken, and school has begun again. I am teaching Summer School this summer. The money is nice but the kids are a whippin'. I have 24 or so kids and all of their motivation and determination would not fill the bladder of a gnat. I would love to see how these kids were raised. I'm almost positive that they have endured all manner of parenting atrocities. I remember being somewhat apathetic as a kid about some things but these kids really don't care about anything except self gratification.

I think I feel some lectures brewing on the Simmons Lecture Circuit. I know it may be like standing on a Galveston Jetty peeing into Hurricane Don't Give a Crap but it is what I do.

I have not made good progress reading through the bible lately. I have begun Leviticus. I am surely happy that we do not have to burn our offerings to God. Most would be too squeamish.
  • 6) He is to skin the burnt offering and cut it into pieces.
  • 13) He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the priest is to bring all of it and burn it on the altar.
  • 15) The priest shall bring it to the altar, wring off the head and burn it on the altar; its blood shall be drained out on the side of the altar.
  • 17 He shall tear it open by the wings, not severing it completely,

I thank God that he sent his son to be our sacrifice. He is good...all the time.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Your summer school comments had me laughing out loud!

Katie said...

Just wanted to encourage you to keep pushing through Leviticus! It always seems to be the speed bump in Bible reading. This year was the first time I made it through!